Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Inner Workings of the Brain

Finished up part 2 of my totem project for landscape architecture.

The objective was to create a spatial design that also represented a part of my personality. I got an idea and got some supplies.



Wireform, Floral Foam Block, Basswood




In progress - formation of the head.



Final result



Closer Look

Explanation: I created a representation of my thoughts. Inside the head are two sides, the left and right side of the brain. I showed a heavier emphasis on the right side of the brain, the creative side. Within it is an art gallery, where you can get lost. It represents how I get lost in creative thought all the time. The second level is empty, leaving room for more thoughts. On the other side, is the logical side, where everything is just floating around. It represents how I am not concerned about the logical stuff and it just goes around in my head.

Overall, it received a good response. It know it's not well crafted or anything, but for me it's all about the concept. Hope you enjoyed.

- Cayabyab

No comments:

Post a Comment